Welcome to Matchbox Travel
How do we collect data about you and your use of the website?
• We ask you for personal information in a variety of circumstances:
• When you make a reservation or purchase something from our website online or through our customer service team - by email, letter, fax, or on the phone;
• When you register with us, subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions or register for promotions; or
• When you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
• What data we collect from you
Personal Information: This includes information that can identify you , including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number, and billing information
• Travel Preferences: Such as hotel room preferences, and frequent flyer and car rental program information.
• When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
• We also may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from member travel agencies, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information.
How do we use your data?
We may use your data for the following principal purposes:
• To provide you with the highest possible level of service (such as a special meals request) and to help you to get the best out of our website;
• To fulfill the bookings and purchases you have made through our website, and any other requests we receive from you;
• To contact you about changes to your itinerary or to send you useful information about your trip;
• To notify you from time to time about our new features, products and services, special offers and promotions and any other marketing materials which we think may interest you. While this may include material about third party products from time to time, those third parties will not contact you directly (unless you subsequently ask them to!);
• To review, develop and improve the website and on-line services and to enable us to provide you with relevant information as requested by you and also information concerning our marketing programmes;
• For other administrative purposes and for internal analysis; and
• To occasionally participate as part of a survey or to get feedback
• Normally we will contact you by email but we may occasionally contact you by mail, phone, fax.
• We will not sell your personal information.
• Due to the nature of the Internet, the information and data provided by you may be transferred outside the country where it is submitted to us
• We will not hold such information or data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy statement.
As we may need to contact you regarding itinerary/hotel changes or cancellations as quickly as possible after they are notified to us by the Tour Operator/ Travel Service Providers/ Hotel we strongly recommend that when booking you give us a valid email address and phone number that is accurate and does not block calls from business numbers before and during any travel period.
Who may your data be disclosed to?
We disclose your data to our partners who will only use your data for the purposes of fulfilling your booking requests.
We will not disclose your data to any other third parties except where it is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling any bookings, purchases or requests that you make on the website, through our customer service team, for the purposes or credit checks or fraud prevention or as otherwise described in this policy. We may be required to disclose your information if required by any applicable law or regulation. We may also disclose your data to reputable third parties and professional advisers acting on our behalf and who are obliged to keep that data confidential.
With whom we share your information
This website may share your information with the following entities:
• Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations.
• Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention.
• Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website.
• Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website.
• Companies within our corporate family. We may share your personal information with our parent company and corporate affiliates, including all of the doing business names of D& C Travel Group LLC. They also will comply with applicable laws governing the transmission of promotional communications and, at a minimum, give you an opportunity in any commercial email they send to choose not to receive such email messages in the future.
We also may share your information:
• In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
How can you amend or suppress your personal data?
We have done our best to make it easy for you to amend or suppress the personal data you have submitted. In addition, when you sign in you will see a link called 'Profile' that allows you to edit or delete your details. If you require any other information about the data we hold about you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish us to stop sending you newsletters or details of other offers and promotions please automatically subscribe through the unsubscribe link in our emails or email us at email@example.com.